WYSIWYG Website app

Question

Hello,

I am in the process of moving from Windows to Ubuntu 20.04 (Brave or Stupid?) and installed Wine 5.14

I am a web developer and use for the past 13 years this tool:

Tried to install it inside Wine and it keeps failing... Missing MFC42u.dll is one example.

1) How does the Wine team decide which Windows applications to support?
2) Is there something you can help me with this specific application to be able to run it inside WIne?

Looking forward to your feedback

Thanks

Alex - Australia

2 answers to this question

On 8/12/2020 at 4:28 AM, alex4orly said:
Hello,

I am in the process of moving from Windows to Ubuntu 20.04 (Brave or Stupid?) and installed Wine 5.14

Tried to install it inside Wine and it keeps failing... Missing MFC42u.dll is one example.

2) Is there something you can help me with this specific application to be able to run it inside WIne?

Thanks

Alex - Australia

Hi alex4orly,

You should be able to install the missing MFC42u.dll file using winetricks

1) To check whether Wine can run the app you want, you can check the official Wine App database.

2) I will try my best to help you. You can try PlayOnLinux (a wine graphical frontend) and see if it helps. But the best way to run your Windows apps on Linux is using Virtual machines. You can install VirtualBox on Ubuntu, create a virtual machine (VM), install Windows on the VM and install your favorite app on the VM. You won't face any compatibility issues that way. 

Wish you all the best.

Shovon

On 8/12/2020 at 4:28 AM, alex4orly said:
Hello,

Thanks

Alex - Australia

I tried to install WYSIWYG Web Builder 15 using PlayonLinux. The app runs without any errors. But I think it's unusable. 

sO765wosjw.thumb.gif.8a43d1daa8de0a5296f719baebd25a02.gif

WYSIWYG Web Builder has an alternative which works on Linux. I have found it in the official WYSIWYG Web Builder download page. You can try it as well.

image.png.b1e0793d51bd49da0cf87e20f4001147.png