Relabeling Gnome Online Accounts

Question

I am using Gnome 3.36.4 (Ubuntu 20.04) and have set up access to several Google Drive accounts through Gnome Online Accounts.  These Google Drive accounts appear in the sidebar of the Files app in Gnome.  The shortcuts in the sidebar display these accounts using my Gmail address for each Google Drive account (as shown in the image below).   Is it possible to edit a configuration file to change how the Drive accounts are listed in the Files sidebar?  For example, instead of "xxxx@gmail.com" is there a way to change it to "Google Drive - xxxx"?   I thought there may be a config file somewhere that contains this information.

files.jpg

Edited by NeutronJK

2 answers to this question

I should have done more research before posting this question.  I found the answer I was looking for.  To change the account name in the Files app sidebar, you have to edit this file:

~/.config/goa-1.0/accounts.conf

Specifically, you change the name displayed in the field labeled "PresentationIdentity".

Edited by NeutronJK
6 hours ago, NeutronJK said:

I should have done more research before posting this question.  I found the answer I was looking for.  To change the account name in the Files app sidebar, you have to edit this file:

~/.config/goa-1.0/accounts.conf

Specifically, you change the name displayed in the field labeled "PresentationIdentity".

Hi NeutronJK,

Thanks for posting the solution as well. It will surely help other people having the same issue.