ELEMENTARY OS FREEZES

Question

Hi there! As I've learnt that some people complaints about the constant freeze on Elementary OS when running a program or multiple programs at the same time. And one of the solutions said that we should downgrade the kernel version to older version. Please enlightened me how to do that (tutorials step by step details) and tell me anything about the risk (data lost or something) when I eventually downgrading my kernel version on my Elementary OS. Thank you very much for your attention. 

1 answer to this question

9 hours ago, GALIH said:

Hi there! As I've learnt that some people complaints about the constant freeze on Elementary OS when running a program or multiple programs at the same time. And one of the solutions said that we should downgrade the kernel version to older version. Please enlightened me how to do that (tutorials step by step details) and tell me anything about the risk (data lost or something) when I eventually downgrading my kernel version on my Elementary OS. Thank you very much for your attention. 

Hi Galih,
If you keep your data (i.e. /home) in a separate partition, then you won't lose any data in case your Elementary OS freezes. You can just reinstall any other Linux distribution keeping the same /home partition. 

I won't recommend downgrading the kernel. If theres any problem with the kernel, an upgrade should be available that fixes the problem. So, you should see if theres any kernel updates available in the official package repository of Elementary OS. If there is, upgrade the kernel.