Dual booting

Question

I have Windows 10 installed on my PC, but I would also like to try Linux. I opted for the Deepin version. The installation went well, but after the restart I only get the option to choose Windows10. I deactivated also fast boot and secur boot in the UEFI Bios, but the option for Deepin OS does not appear.

I started on the Internet and followed these instructions (Repair the boot of the Computer). Well, still nothing.

Can anyone help me with a dual boot solution?

THX

3 answers to this question

Hi romano,

If you had UEFI on when you installed Deepin, you should be able to boot it from the BIOS of your computer. Then the GRUB bootloader will be used and you will be able to see both Deepin and Windows there. What is happening right now is you're using the Windows bootloader. The Windows bootloader does not allow you to boot into Deepin by default.

I hope this helps.

Shovon

I also found advice on the Internet that it is necessary to change the priority in botting. The first step is to set up the disk on which Deepin is installed. I'll try and let you know,

Romano