How to add a USB-C OTG network interface in 20.04 LTS with RPi 4?

Question

Hi,

I am currently trying to find a way to use the USB-C port on the Raspberry Pi 4 (with Ubuntu 20.4 LTS installed) as an ethernet adapter. Similar to how it has been done on Raspberry Pi OS here (https://www.hardill.me.uk/wordpress/2019/11/02/pi4-usb-c-gadget/).

I was searching on the internet and the closest information I could find was from Shahriar Shovon on "Setting up Static IP addresse on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS". My question is does anyone have an idea how to setup the USB-C port as an usb networking interface?

1 answer to this question

14 hours ago, Ram said:

Hi,

I am currently trying to find a way to use the USB-C port on the Raspberry Pi 4 (with Ubuntu 20.4 LTS installed) as an ethernet adapter. Similar to how it has been done on Raspberry Pi OS here (https://www.hardill.me.uk/wordpress/2019/11/02/pi4-usb-c-gadget/).

I was searching on the internet and the closest information I could find was from Shahriar Shovon on "Setting up Static IP addresse on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS". My question is does anyone have an idea how to setup the USB-C port as an usb networking interface?

Hi,

Never really tried this one. If I get my hands on a Raspberry Pi 4, I would surely give it a go.
But you can configure your Raspberry Pi as a wired router. If you're interested on that, you may check my article Using Raspberry Pi as a Wired Router.